In order to become a member of Detachment 430s Cadet Wing, you must meet these basic eligibility requirements:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours per term) at the University of Mississippi
- Must have at least 3 years remaining on your undergraduate degree.
- If you have previously taken college-level courses, you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- It is imperative that you are in good physical condition; you will be required to attend physical training at least twice a week. You will also be required to take the Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) once per semester. The PFA consists of 1 minute of push-ups and sit-ups, a 1.5 mile run and a waist measurement. Additionally, all cadets must conform to the maximum weight and body fat standards as established by the United States Air Force.
- Upon entering AFROTC, all cadets will be scheduled for a DoD physical examination (DoDMERB). DoDMERB personnel will determine if a cadet is medically qualified to serve in the Air Force. Not all medical issues are disqualifying, please contact us if you have any specific questions.
- Must be 14 years of age or older (17 years of age or older to receive a scholarship)
- Cadets in a rated category (Pilot, Combat Systems Officer, Air Battle Manager and Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilot) must commission before their 29th birthday
- Cadets in a nonrated category must commission by age 31 (up to the age of 35 with waiver)